A few months ago, I watched Gabrielle Bernstein’s video on how she created her altar. It really inspired me to create my own. I wanted my altar to be my special place where I could go and connect and just be me.
I felt really called to share this with you today due to what’s been going on with me these past couple of weeks.
My health has not been great and I’ve been feeling quite down recently. I have been trying to focus on resting and healing my body.
During this time, I have kind of neglected my altar. Usually, every day I will tend to it and switch it around, light my candles/incense and pick my cards for the day.
This morning was the first time this week that I have picked my cards out and lit my candles on the altar. I just had a total shift in perception today while reading Nick Ortner’s The Tapping Solution. He talks about how negative emotions and thoughts can be stored in your body and cause dis-ease.
No wonder I’ve been feeling so crappy! I have been so anxious and stressed over what’s going on with my health and missing work that I haven’t been helping my body at all! I knew I needed to do something about it.
So for the past hour I have been sitting at my altar, reading and meditating and I feel so much happier and lighter.
I would like to share my altar with you and hopefully inspire you to create your own.
I transformed my two dressing tables which used to be used for piling stuff on into a sacred place. I have taken all of the little things that hold a place in my heart and placed them on top/around it. That way, when I look at it I instantly feel warm and happy.
Some of the things I have on my altar, as you can see from the pictures:
- A book that my mum gave me and my siblings that means so much to me and I read it whenever I get sad. No Matter What by Debi Gliori.
- My two card decks
- Little Book of Mindfulness
- Keep It Bright Handbook
- My engagement ring box (with a cute little note inside from my fiance!)
- My little wish necklace which I wear everyday for good luck
- A necklace from my fiance that says “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light”. A beautiful quote from Dumbledore (Harry Potter)
- My gran’s charm bracelet
- A buddha that I got in Portugal
- Lots of spiritual/inspirational books and notebooks
- My unicorn buddies
- Lots and lots of quotes and inspirational messages
- My Self Care board which you can get free here
So as you can see, most of the things I have on my altar are personal to me. It is so easy to create your own! Even if you are not into meditation, having an area/room where you can go just to be alone is really beneficial and can make you really happy. Pick some things that make you feel happy or inspired and place them in the area you want to use and you are good to go!
Let me know how you get on, I would love to see pictures of your altar/sacred place! If you feel called to share, you can show me by going to my contacts page.
I hope this post served you well and you all have a wonderful day ❤
Love and Light,