Do you ever feel overwhelmed with the amount of work you have to do? Or maybe you’re cramming way too much into your schedule? Maybe something has happened recently that has been bringing you down or upsetting your balance. It’s time to slow down, take a step back and look after number one!
I have noticed in the past week that I have not been taking great care of myself. I have been staying up later than usual on weeknights to work on my hand-lettering. This has been great and I have loved expressing my creativity and letting my ideas flow but my body has had enough and is telling me to rest. I know this because for the past few days I have felt a little sluggish, more tired and have had a little bit of pain. When I noticed this, my first reaction was panic and fear. However, I know that this is just my body telling me in a loving way that I need to take more care.
The Course In Miracles lesson for today is “I am upset because I see something that is not there.” This totally resonates because I know that last night when I was feeling negative about my physical pain, it was because my mind had went into overdrive about what that pain meant and what would happen because of it. Once I had calmed myself down and taken a deep breath, I was able to see the situation clearer and my body was telling me to just go to bed and sleep. I did that and woke up feeling better and more positive this morning.
It is so very important that you take time out for yourself to relax and unwind otherwise how can you expect your light to shine through? When we put our self care first we allow the universe to take care of us
I urge you all to take a deep breath in…and out. Do this as many times as you need. And just take a step back from whatever is stressing you out or overwhelming you.
Some beautiful inspiration from Kris Carr and Lori Portka’s Crazy Sexy Love Notes Deck. Have a look at my resources page to find out more about them.
Some self-care tips that help me and will hopefully help you too:
- Take a long bubble bath with candles
- Do some restorative yoga
- Take some time out of your day to meditate, even sitting in stillness for a couple of minutes can really help you tune in to what your body is saying
- Have a cup of herbal tea (my favourite is camomile for de-stressing)
- Lighting some candles and incense
- Picking cards for the day from Miracles Now and Crazy Sexy Love Notes (as mentioned above)
- Cuddle up on the couch and watch your fave shows netflix
- Listen to inspirational speakers
- Listen to some chill/ your favourite music
- Take some time out to go for a nice walk
- Treat yourself!
- Get a massage or manicure
- Get your hair done
- Pamper Yourself!
- Sit in a place where you feel centered and lit up (for me, this place is my altar).
I hope this blog post serves you well and you take some well-deserved time out for yourself this week.
I have also created a self-care board that you can print out and stick on your wall, check it out here!
Love and Light ❤